So how's things going so far? The coalfield used always at least post some sort of preseason article about tennis, but I haven't seen any on coalfield.com.
So how's things going so far? The coalfield used always at least post some sort of preseason article about tennis, but I haven't seen any on coalfield.com.
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
It appears that Gate City is the hands down favorite to win the girls. After that I'm not sure who will come in second.
On the boys side, it should be between Gate City and Burton. Both are undefeated in district play. They are scheduled to meet on Thursday April 12th at Norton.
The way I heard it was that GC was too strong for Burton this year.
Gate City is probably to strong, however, Burton is still the 6-time defending champions until beaten. Even though you may not be the best team from top to bottom, playing with pride as a defending champion can take you along way.
Burton did lose on their home court for the first time since 1997 to Abingdon to start the year. I didnt even know the streak was still intact. Burton lost that one 5-4 back then(pretty much my fault lol), I believe before that, they lost back in 1994 which would have been Andy Lagrimas's freshman year.
Yeah, we didn't find out about that streak until after we lost to abingdon. I know the other streak that is still intact is that Burton hasn't lost a regular season district match in 7 years I believe. And the match that was lost was to Pound. But Burton did lose to JJK in the regional tournament 5 years ago.
Forgive my ignorance, but does tennis have a tournament or does only the season champion advance to the Region D tournament with a chance to advance to state?
they have a tournament
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
So when does Burton play GC in tennis?
Bookmarks